Here is what Cashiers Salary Structure in Ghana 2021 entails, Who is a Cashier, How much is their Salary, Cashier Job Description
Who is a Cashier in Ghana ?
Cashiers work to provide customers with fast and friendly service while ensuring accuary at the sales counter. Cashiers generally take orders, ring them up on a register, collect payments and make change, and issue receipts.
Cashiers are oftentimes asked to help with other tasks around the place of business during their down time. They are needed at a wide variety of places ranging from grocery stories and retail shops to restaurants and gas stations.
Cashiers Salary Structure in Ghana 2021
The average salary for Cashier is GHS 3,000 per month in Accra, Ghana Area. Salaries estimates are based on 2 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Cashier employees in Accra, Ghana Area.
Cashier Job Description and Responsibilities
- Collect cash, checks, and credit card payments from customers
- Make change accurately and efficiently
- Issue receipts to customers
- Deal with returns and refunds as necessary
- Maintain cash control over register drawer and verify amounts are correct
- Answer customer questions as they arise
- Calculate customer bills through cash register ringing
- Help with other tasks as needed including managing shelves, tracking inventory, and keeping the store clean.
Qualifications of Cashier
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 3-6 months experience handling money and working with a cashier
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Ability to add, substract, multiply, and divide easily and quickly
- Experience operating a cash register
- Proficient cashier and clerical skills
- Comfortable with cash handling
- Strong customer service skills
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed