The Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) in South Africa is responsible for the management and administration of human resources in the public service.
As part of this mandate, the DPSA is also tasked with creating job opportunities for qualified individuals who are interested in working in the public service.
The DPSA is committed to providing employment opportunities that are fair, transparent, and based on merit. The department advertises job vacancies on its website and in various media outlets, providing details about the requirements and application procedures.
The available job opportunities in the DPSA vary depending on the specific needs of the department and the public service as a whole.
Some of the most common job opportunities in the DPSA include administrative and support staff, human resource professionals, financial and accounting professionals, policy analysts, and management professionals.
To apply for a job opportunity in the DPSA, candidates must meet the minimum requirements as stated in the job advertisement.
The requirements may include educational qualifications, work experience, skills, and competencies.
Candidates are also required to submit a comprehensive application that includes a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certified copies of their qualifications.
The DPSA also offers internship and graduate development programs for young and qualified graduates who are interested in working in the public service.
These programs are designed to provide hands-on experience and training for graduates, with the aim of equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in the public service.
In conclusion, the DPSA offers a wide range of job opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the public service.
The department is committed to promoting fair and transparent recruitment practices that are based on merit, ensuring that the most qualified candidates are selected for the available job opportunities.
Public Service (Government) Job Listings Circular
- Introduction The Government Job Listings Circular is published on a weekly basis, except during December, and features vacant positions and job openings in public service departments.
Although the Department of Public Service and Administration issues the circular, it is not responsible for the content of the advertisements.
If you have any questions about an advertisement, please contact the relevant advertising department.
- Candidate Directions Candidates should complete the Z83 application form, providing full details about their qualifications, training, competencies, knowledge, and experience on a separate sheet if necessary or a CV.
The completed form must be submitted to the department with the advertised vacancy, and the reference number for the vacancy must be included. If you require additional information regarding an advertised post, please contact the department with the vacancy.
Do not contact the Department of Public Service and Administration for information.
To ensure that applications are considered, they must be submitted to the relevant advertising department on or before the closing date.
- Department Directions All employees must be informed of the contents of the Government Job Listings Circular.
Employees who have been declared in excess must be informed of the advertised vacancies, and potential candidates from the excess group should be assisted in applying on time for vacancies and attending interviews.
The provisions of sections 15 and 20 of the Employment Equity Act, 1998 should be applied when vacancies are identified to promote representativeness.
Advertisements for such vacancies should indicate that preference will be given to candidates who will promote representativeness.
- Z83 Application Form: The Z83 application form is available for download, and instructions on how to complete it are included. A new z38 application form has been introduced, and it is editable.
- SMS Pre-Entry Certificate For more information on the SMS Pre-Entry Certificate Course, please visit the NSG website. The course is intended for candidates who wish to enter the Senior Management Service (SMS).
If you are interested in working in the public service, VISIT THE DPSA Website