List of Police Ranks in Ghana and their Salary Structure. The Ghana Police Service (GPS) is the main law enforcement agency of Ghana. The service is under the control of the Ghanaian Ministry of the Interior and employs over 30,000 officers across its 651 stations.
List of Police Ranks in Ghana and their Salary Structure
- Inspector General of Police
- Deputy Inspector General
- Deputy Commissioner
- Assistant Commissioner
- Chief Superintendent
- Deputy Superintendent
- Assistant Superintendent
- Chief Inspector
- Lance Corporal
Police in Ghana Salary Structure
Salaries of Police Ghana ranges from 1,320 GHS (lowest) to 4,550 GHS (highest).
Duties of the Police (Ranks) in Ghana
- Protection of life and Property.
- Investigations, Apprehensions and Prosecutions.
- Human Resource Capacity Building.
- Deepen Governance Culture of the Service.
- Promotion of Accountability in the Service.