New Education Reform by GES, MOE.The Ghana Education Service(GES) in collaboration with Ministry of Education and National Council for Curriculum Assessment has made new proposals for consideration. Check here for the 2022 New Education Reform by GES
New Education Reform by Ghana Education Service(GES), MOE and NACCA
Here are the new education reforms introduced by the Ghana Education Service and Ministry of Education,
- Kindergaten, primary school, JHS and SHS shall all be described as basic school. JHS 1,2,3 and SHS 1 shall now be referred as BS 7,8,9 and 10 rspectively. I.e SHS 1 shall now be called BS 10
- All students in JHS 1-SHS 1 shall run a common core programme called CCP which comprises of 9 subjects namely , Maths, Languages, Science, RME (stand alone subject), Physical and Health Education( not examinable), Career Technology, Social Studies, Computing and Creative Art and Design.
- A new examination called National Standard Assessment Test(NSAT) shall be conducted at Primary 2,4,6 and JHS 2.
- BECE shall be replaced by placement examination at JHS 3 to enroll students into SHS 1.
- Students in SHS 1 shall continue to run the common core programme for one year, thus students into SHS 1 shall not select Science,Business or Arts Programme.
- At the end of SHS 1, Students shall write a common core exams into SHS 2.
- At SHS 2, students will now have to select either a career related programme which include vocational and technical programmes such as science, business, art.
- This means Elective subjects shall start in SHS 2.
- WASSCE will be replaced by a University entrance exams at SHS 3.
- Students after successful completion of SHS 3 will be rewarded a Diploma Certificate instead of WASSCE certificate.
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed