National Teaching Council (NTC) has opened its Registration Portal for all prospective teachers who wished to be employ to work under Ghana Education Service as a teacher. In a press, national teaching council had stated that registration is still ongoing, so all prospective applicants should make they register before the portal is closed.
The National Teaching Council (NTC) has the ultimate responsibility to conduct the licensure
examination for teachers and ensure that the examination meets technical and professional
standards and status of a teacher, by assessing candidates’ abilities to practice competently. Once a candidate has passed the Licensure Examination, NTC will issue a license to the candidate, thus assuring the public that the licensee has met the minimum qualification or requirements qualified to practice, at the time of the initial Licensure.
In this post we will be looking at what national teaching council (NTC) registration portal is, documents required for national teaching registration, how to apply for national teaching council examination.
NTC Registration Portal
National Teaching Council Registration Portal is a portal that allows prospective teachers who wants to apply for National Teaching Council examination to register. The portal gives access to everybody who qualified to be licensed.
Documents Required For NTC Examination
The following documents will be provided at the examination centres before a candidate will be allowed to write their examination. Go to the examination centres with the following documents.
- Valid ID Card or College or University Students ID Card.
- Index number,
- Nose mask.
- Number of courses registered.
How to Register for NTC Licensure Exams
Here are step-by-step procedures as to how to register for NTC licensure examination;
To begin the process, make sure you confirmed your status. Status confirmation enable the applicant to know whether they qualify to write the exam or not. After confirming your status, follow the procedure below to register;
- Log unto exams.gov.gh and click on new ‘registration’ button.
- Enter your Serial Number and Pin on your payment voucher and log in.
- After you log in, you will be require to choose examination center of your choice.
- After choosing your examination centre and region, the next thing to fill in is your personal information.
- Print preview page will appear for you to edit the information entered. NB: wrongly entered information can affect your registration, so care must be take when filling in the information.
- Upload your pictures.
- Click on submit.
- After clicking on submit the form, make sure to print your examination timetable to be submitted on the day of the examination.
Why NTC Licensure Examination
The NTC is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (ACT 778), Section 9, to license teachers in
Ghana. The purpose of the Licensure Examination is to
- Enable candidates (teachers) acquire a professional license.
- It also aims at preparing teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values and attitudes (competencies and experience) necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Being passionate as a Blogger has been a journey worthwhile.