The GES has indicated that candidates who wish to be considered for employment as teachers must have the following basic requirements.
GES Recruitment Requirements
Completed and passed the final-year College of Education Examination and have no outstanding referral paper.
- Passed the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination.
- Completed the mandatory National Service
- Candidate should be prepared and ready to work wherever they will be posted to by the GES.
- Only newly trained teachers who meet the above will be shortlisted/Posted.
GES Requirements for Recruitment for Teachers 2021
GES Recruitment: Other Requirements
Additional requirements for completing the GES posting requirements are
- Birth Certificate
- Senior High Certificate (WASSCE)
- Junior High Certificate (BECE)
- SSNIT Number / TIN
- NTC Certificate among others.
- College’s Certificate and NSS Certificate will later be given to all trained teachers undergoing their mandatory service in the nation.